We were inspired by the steel, skyscrapers, and grid structures of Manhattan to look for their counterparts on a smaller scale.
• Scott Witt’s photograph of Manhattan taken from the window seat of an airplane shows a silver dust of lights extending into the night.
• Joan Miró’s Figure and Bird has a triangular body of layered steel and a spherical head from which three axe-like objects emerge, kind of like a modern Medusa.
• The KTZ Spring 2014 Menswear Collection layered stripes on stripes, mixing industrial fabrics and traditional cloth for a hybrid of urban and tribal.
• Mark Poulin’s Earrings are made of sterling silver with horizontal stripes reminiscent of Art Deco.
• PityFab’s Pendant has the wavy stripes of damascus steel framed by sterling silver pegs.
• Dmdmetal’s Ring is made of faceted sterling silver carved with stripes.
• Spexton’s Men’s Wedding Band is made of titanium inlaid with argentium silver.
• Muriel’s Necklace suspends three cones with concentric stripes.
• Maxime Proulx’s Earrings are made of sterling silver oxidized to highlight stripes.