Nature is a temple in which living pillars
Sometimes give voice to confused words;
Man passes there through forests of symbols
Which look at him with understanding eyes.
Like prolonged echoes mingling in the distance
In a deep and tenebrous unity,
Vast as the dark of night and as the light of day,
Perfumes, sounds, and colors correspond.
Charles Baudelaire, Fleurs du Mal
• The Muses by Maurice Denis sets the nine muses of classic mythology in the forest of Saint-Germain-en-Laye. The flatness and decorative rendering of the forest floor are an early precursor to Art Nouveau.
• Meghna’s Taupe Scarf has a tree-like, geometric print hand block printed with vegetable dyes.
• This Ivory Rose Hair Tie by Xanadu Accessories is a simple and elegant way to dress up your ponytail.
• Shelli’s Tree Branch Candle Holders would be perfect for an illuminating an evening garden party or giving your dinner table a rustic touch.
• Japanese architect Akihisa Hirata’s Photosynthesis installation interprets the creation of energy with solar panels suspended in space.
• Diana’s Skeleton Leaf photograph brings out the intricate network of veins running through a hosta plant.
• Clary’s Oatmeal Stole is a luxurious wool knit with a leaf pattern at its edges.