I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils
• Zhu Jinshi’s Tiantong Temple has its foundations in thick layers of oil paint slathered on the canvas with shovels and spatulas. His abstract landscape are a cross between German Expressionism and traditional Chinese ink painting.
• Takuro Kuwata’s Kaigari Shino Bowl goes against every unspoken rule of wabi tea bowls. The cracked platinum glaze resting in globs on a neon yellow surface seems a far cry from black raku ware. But, in a way, Kuwata is just bringing deliberate imperfection up to date.
• Thomas Kiesewetter’s Mars are alien assemblages of geometric parts that recall Vladimir Tatlin’s corner reliefs of the 1910s.
• Ursula’s Desk Lamp is a vintage yellow gooseneck with a black and white cloth cord wrapped around it.
• Carolina’s Shawl is made of light cotton voile printed with a yellow graphic pattern.
• Rib & Hull’s Wallet is made of bright yellow leather with raw edges.
• Peter Gilroy’s Bracelet is made from retired street signs with a rich surface of scratches and cracks.
• Coy’s Scarf is an eclectic combination of houndstooth and leopard print with neon yellow tassels.
• Rex & Telle’s Necklace frames brass parallelograms with a string of yellow glass beads.
• Devon Clark’s Earrings are daffodil yellow triangles with sterling silver ball chains.
• L.G. Barne’s Teapot has a dark blue-green glaze dripping over bright yellow.