After all, do people tire of the cherry trees because they blossom every spring?
– Sei Shonagon
• The Dior Spring 2013 Couture collection covered the pale pink organza silk gown in cherry blossoms, as if the models had been caught in a gust of wind in late April.
• Jun Konishi’s Cherry Blossom Pin and Mariko Yamashita’s Earcuff put a playful spin on the cherry blossom with loops of pink plastic, rose quartz, and pearls. Both pieces were inspired by the cherry blossom trees that still flourished after the tsunami in Japan two years ago.
• If you think cherry blossoms are good enough to eat, they are – just take a look at these Sakura Recipes for all the sweets and drinks imaginable.
• Karen’s Pendant suspends a cherry blossom tree between clear fused glass.
• Marieanne Cavaciuti’s Studs are tiny pink blossoms for those who want a subtle touch of spring.
• Takuyo’s Silk Scarf is hand painted with cherry blossoms outlined in a hint of gold.
• Jessica Reyes’ Hair Stick has three blossoms and a butterfly made of translucent light pink resin and pink crystals.
• Melissa Dawn’s Earrings are tiny donuts iced with cherry blossom branches – the perfect combination of two very sweet treats.
• Yevgenia’s Herb Pod cover off-white ceramic with hand-drawn cherry blossom branches.
• Papa Toro’s Hamper has a light pink blossom print and sturdy leather handles.
• Dia Szabo’s Bracelet links polymer clay cherry blossoms to an antique copper chain.