Our last post marked the one year anniversary of Moods & Appetites. So, after 365 posts, we’re taking a break from new content and taking a look back at our favorites from the past year.
These are five of Inguna’s favorites. More coming soon.
1. Cloud Study: the sketches of John Constable and other ways to pull the sky down to earth
2. Disappearing Act: André Kertész’s overlooked moment and ordinary objects that double as optical illusions
3. Dewy: water droplets made of glass as fresh as the morning rain
4. Whose Sleeves?: an appreciation of tagasode, the Heian custom of scenting sleeves with incense and pretending that your lover’s perfume on your own robes was nothing more than the result of picking flowers
5. Cold Cuts: a platter of Bauhaus-inspired geometric shapes with a touch of lemon zest